Learn How to Clean and Care for Your Suspension Seats!
It has only been a few days since you installed your new PRP suspension seats and took them out on the trails for the first time. They are comfortable, supportive, and everything you hoped for when you designed them. You want to clean them and care for them the right way, so we put together a little how–to just for you!
HOW TO CLEAN VINYL SEATS
The best way to safely clean Marine Grade Vinyl is with warm dish soap and water. If you clean your suspension seats every few weeks, this method is the safest.
- Make a solution of 1 gallon of water and 1/4 cup of mild soap.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe the vinyl in a circular motion, avoiding pooling water in the seams.
- Rinse the seats with clean water and a clean cloth to remove excess soap.
With these steps, your custom seats should look fresh and clean! If you have a gnarly stain that just will not give way, try a few sprays of 409 Multi-Purpose Cleaner and that should do the trick.
HOW TO CLEAN SUEDE SEATS
Can I clean my suede suspension seats the same way as vinyl seats?
Suede and water are not friends. Unlike fabric, suede stains when wet, so it takes a few specialty tools and tips to clean and maintain suede.
- The first thing you should do when you receive your suede seats is treat them with a water-repellent spray to prevent future water stains.
- Brush suede with a suede brush after riding and before cleaning. Brush in a downward motion pushing the dirt and debris away from you.
- For tougher stains white vinegar or rubbing alcohol are great substitutes for water cleaning since you always want to stay away from water on suede suspension seats. Pour a little bit of white vinegar or rubbing alcohol on a washcloth and lightly rub the area. Let it dry completely and review. If the stain is gone, use your suede brush and retexturize the area with light strokes. Repeat this step if necessary, making sure to let the area dry completely before repeating.
If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 1.800.317.6253 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Check out some of these related blog posts by PRP Seats!