PRP’s Limit Strap Kit for Yamaha YXZ kit provides you with hardened bolts that are longer than OEM, along with new washers and powder coated spacers for the limit straps. The limit straps are PRP quad layer limit straps, which have been proven over the years with Trophy Trucks and Class 1 buggies.
Limiting Strap Information
Limiting straps are vital in custom suspension setups that help prevent damage to suspension and drivetrain components. Without limiting straps, your shocks are the stops at maximum droop. The shock from your vehicle’s un-sprung weight can cause damage to shocks such as when jumping or at high speed over rough sections.
Limiting straps can also prevent damage to your CV joints by limiting the amount of maximum angle on your axles. All CV joints have a maximum amount of degree deflection that they can safely be run at with custom suspension setups. With many suspension setups, the deflection angle can go farther than the CV joint can handle resulting in damage, shorter run life, and CV failure.
- 4 longer shock bolts (M10 X 1.50 X 100MM for front, M12 X 1.75 X 100 MM for rear)
- 4 shock bolt washers (M10 Flat for front, M12 Flat for rear)
- 4 shock bolt spacers powder coated black (1″ for front, 1.5″ for rear)
- 4 shock bolt nuts (M10 X 1.50 for front, M12 X 1.75 for rear)
- 2 PRP quad layered limit straps (26″ for front, 32″ for rear)
*2019+ YXZ may require the front plastic to be cut to allow the limit strap bolts to fit.